Tuesday, April 17, 2018

~ Tuesday Morning Ramblings ~

 Good Morning Friends & Folk ~
and how very thankful we are to be here!

some of you might know that a tornado touched down in parts of Lynchburg, VA 
on Sunday evening ~ crazy howling winds, horizontal rain and the darkest-greenish sky...

~ thankfully it passed over us, but left severe damage not far down the road.

the weather has been windy still, and our temps are nowhere near where they were just last week.
... hoping Spring wasn't blown away!

the grass is greening, and the sun keeps trying to come out from behind clouds...


Roxy & Pepper waiting for Peter to serve them their breakfast kibble...

last week's warm {hot} temps really helped our flowering plants/bushes to pop...
my snowball bush is budding!

inside, 
I am working away on a hooked rug and coordinating punch needle project, 
named 
"Corny Pete" 


OH!! 
I am loving my new basket that I purchased from Diane Pearce 
{while vending this past weekend at the VA RugFest}
especially love the purple dyed accent 
it fits nicely on my Stitcher's Tray ~


I am hooking the rug with a combination of #8 & #9 wool strips ~
detail being hooked with the smaller cut, and larger areas being hooked with the fatter strips...

everything right where I need it to be in my cozy work area
~ in the back Keeping Room!
hooking on my Standing floor Frame© - check.
punch needle on our Hookinpunch Frame© - check.
wool worm basket - check.

Peter made me another Stitcher's Tray in a stained finish
for the arm of my wing back chair...
we have sold so many of our Stitcher's Trays
that Etsy has now added a 'Best Seller' label on our listing for it in our shop!
 Thank you all so much!!!


and here is the progress of 'Corny Pete' in punch needle ~

I will work more on both the rug & the punch needle this evening,
but right now I have to get my rear-in-gear and get in to the Farm Shop!!

Only 3 more days until we reopen on Saturday!!!

Blessings from the Farm
 ~ Lori

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Corny Pete is the corniest! Love him...and your basket, and your Stitcher's Tray, and your cozy work area! Wishing you Spring!

Robin in Virginia said...

I am glad that you didn't sustain any damage. I like your basket that you picked up from the Rug show. Do you have any contact information for the "basket" lady? Thank you!

elaine allerton said...

Lori,,,
Thanks for sharing,,, all ur happenings,,,,
Love the pics of outside!
Wow,, it looked like that a month ago, whe we thiught it might be early spring,,, no mud,,, no water sitting around,,, now we have lots of snow! Looks like jsnuary , winter wonderland,,,, crazy weather,,,
Glad no damage at ur house,,
Yikes,,,
Loving ur rug hooking and punching,,,,